Chiropractor for Sciatica in Lexington
At Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we treat patients for many different pain-related conditions. Sciatica is one of the conditions that we routinely see patients for here at our chiropractic practice. Our chiropractic team is experienced at treating Sciatica in Lexington, KY. With this point in mind, the following information is intended to provide some important details that you should know about sciatica as well as the ways that chiropractic treatment can help.
Table of Contents
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a medical condition where pain radiates down the sciatic nerve from the lower back and down to your hips, buttocks, and legs. Commonly, this pain will only affect one side of your body. There are several tell-tale sciatica symptoms that include:
- A feeling of weakness and numbness in the lower back legs, feet, or buttocks
- Moderate to severe pain that is located in the lower back as well as the down the leg and buttock
- A pins and needles sensation that is felt in the legs as well as the feet and toes
- Painful sensations that get worse when you move
- A loss of overall movement ability
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
There are also some key risk factors that put an individual at a greater risk of developing sciatica. These risk factors include:
- Occupations that involve carrying heavy loads, driving for long periods, or regularly twisting your back
- Prolonged periods sitting down
- A prior injury to your lower back or your spine
- Improper posture when lifting weights
Beyond these risk factors, there are some specific causes that lead to the development of sciatica. They include:
- Slipped or herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Tumors in the lumbar spinal canal
- A trauma injury to the sciatic nerve or lumbar spine
If you are suffering from sciatica and the pain that comes along with it, there is help available. Our chiropractic team at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center are experienced in treating sciatica and has an outstanding track record for helping our patients to find relief from the pain that it causes them.
What Our Patients Say:
How Should I Lay With Sciatica?
One of the biggest challenges that you can face when dealing with sciatica pain is getting a good night’s sleep. Getting a sufficient amount of rest is important for your overall health and it is also important when recovering from sciatica. The problem is the fact that the condition can make it difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. With this in mind, these are three recommended sleeping tips that can help you to get a good night’s rest while recovering from sciatica.
- Keep Your Knees Elevated – If you are someone who can sleep on their back effectively, then doing so with a slight elevation of your knees can help to ease sciatica pain so that you can get a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep With a Pillow Between Your Legs – You might also try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your legs. There is some evidence to suggest that this can work to reduce the amount of pressure that is placed on your spine.
- Consider Purchasing a Mattress in the Medium-Firm Range – A third tip that might assist you in your efforts to get a good night’s sleep while dealing with sciatica pain is to purchase a mattress of medium firmness. Studies indicate that this type of mattress firmness can help to reduce lower back pain.
These are three suggestions that may help you to get a good night’s sleep while you are undergoing treatment for your sciatica pain from our team here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center.
How Can a Chiropractor Help With My Sciatica Pain?
Seeking chiropractic treatment from our team at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center can be one of the most effective ways to find relief from the sciatica pain that has compromised your overall well-being. As an experienced chiropractor for treating Sciatica in Lexington, KY, we routinely provide sciatica patients with effective treatments that can allow them to get back to living life to its fullest. Some of the treatment options that we utilize include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Spinal Decompression
- Heat and Cold Therapies
We can also prescribe additional measures such as:
- Massage Therapy
- Chiropractic Exercises
- Recommendations for Proper Posture and Body Mechanics
Request Your Appointment
We look forward to serving you!
Our Chiropractor for Sciatica Is Ready to Help You Today
If sciatica pain has caused you to experience a reduction in your overall quality of life, it is time to contact our team at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center. Our chiropractor for sciatica is ready to help you today as you work to achieve your health goal of relief from pain that has compromised your ability to enjoy your life to its fullest. You can reach our chiropractic team by calling (859) 629-3131. You can also leave us a message through our online system and we will reach out to you shortly. When you seek treatment from our chiropractic professionals, you can find relief from the sciatica pain that has been making it difficult for you to carry out your day-to-day activities. Call today to for help.