Chiropractor for a Pinched Nerve in Lexington, KY
Pinched nerves are a common condition that we provide treatment for here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center. Patients routinely seek out Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center, for the care and treatment of a pinched nerve. Many different symptoms can indicate the presence of a pinched nerve. They can occur anywhere along an individual’s spine from the neck to the lower back.
If you have been diagnosed with a pinched nerve, our chiropractic team here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center can help. We use proven treatment methods that can help to relieve the pain that a pinched nerve is causing you in your day-to-day life. The relief that our treatments provide can help you to get back to living your life to its fullest.
Table of Contents
What Can Cause Pinched Nerves?
Patients commonly want to know the answer to the question of what causes pinched nerves. The truth is that there are four primary causes that can result in a pinched nerve. These include:
- Disc Degeneration – Discs are the small piece of cartilage that is located between each of your vertebrae. Due to stress factors, these discs can degenerate. When this occurs, it can often lead to a pinched nerve in the area of the disc.
- Misalignment/Subluxation – A subluxation is the result of a vertebra becoming misaligned. This can lead to a compressed nerve that is no longer able to function correctly.
- Disc Herniations/Protrusions – Disc herniation is another common cause of pinched nerves. The symptoms of a disc herniation include tingling, numbness, and shooting pains that go down the legs and arms. The protrusion that occurs during a disc herniation can cause some of the disc material to push against a nerve and pinch it.
- Osteoarthritis – Osteoarthritis is a condition that is commonly referred to by the name degenerative joint disease. One of the symptoms of osteoarthritis is that bone spurs can grow and end up covering up the hole that the nerve is supposed to pass through. This can lead to the nerve getting pinched.
These conditions can be quite concerning if you are dealing with them and they can make it difficult for you to enjoy your life to the fullest. The good news is that chiropractic care has shown to be effective at providing treatment that can give you relief from the pinched nerve pain that you are suffering from.
What Our Patients Say:
What Are Symptoms of Pinched Nerves?
It is highly beneficial to be aware of the common symptoms that indicate that you have a pinched nerve. Some of the common symptoms of a pinched nerve include:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Pain running down the entire spine
- Pain that runs down the arms and legs
- Numbness, burning, or tingling in the legs, arms, toes, and fingers
- Frequent and intense headaches and migraines
- Muscle weakness in the area that is affected
If you are regularly suffering from these symptoms, it is time to reach out to a chiropractor for a pinched nerve in Lexington, KY. At Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we will work with you to put together a treatment plan that focuses on your individual needs as a patient.
Can a Chiropractor Help a Pinched Nerve
Chiropractic care is one of the most effective treatments for a pinched nerve. This is a condition that we regularly see patients for at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center. The treatments that we offer include chiropractic adjustments that can help to return your spine to its correct alignment. We can also help to treat many of the common stress factors that can lead to a pinched nerve.
One of the leading benefits of chiropractic treatment is the fact that it is a conservative approach that is natural and healthy. It is an approach that can make it possible for your body to heal itself. Choosing chiropractic treatment is a great way to avoid having to undergo surgery or take painkillers.
When you come to see our team at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we can also prescribe preventative measures that can help you to avoid pinched nerves in the future. Effective preventative measures include:
- Strength and flexibility exercises
- Suggestions on how to maintain good posture and position
- Suggestions for dietary changes that can help you to maintain a healthy weight
- Limiting repetitive activities can also help to prevent pinched nerves
Request Your Appointment
We look forward to serving you!
Should I Get a Massage or See a Chiropractor for a Pinched Nerve?
As we have detailed, chiropractic care can provide real benefits in terms of the treatment of the pinched nerve issues you are suffering with. Another treatment that can help with pinched nerves is massage therapy. Taking advantage of both of these types of treatments in conjunction with one another can be a highly effective way of addressing a pinched nerve. It is important for you, your chiropractor, and your massage therapist to work together to come up with a plan that will work for your needs.
It is important to get to the bottom of why you have a pinched nerve in order to be able to come up with the best course of treatment to take. Chiropractic professionals can use adjustments to alleviate the pressure that is on the nerve. Massage therapists can provide treatments that will ease the pressure that is being placed on the pinched nerve. Our chiropractic professionals here in Lexington will be happy to discuss the possibility of incorporating massage into your overall treatment plan for your pinched nerve.
Our Lexington Pinched Nerve Chiropractor Can Help You!
If the pain of a pinched nerve is causing your quality of life to be reduced, our Lexington pinched nerve chiropractor can help you. Our experienced chiropractor can help treat a pinched nerve in Lexington, KY, our team at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center is dedicated to making a difference for you as you work toward your health goals. Reach out to us today by phone at (859) 629-3131 or leave a message so that we can get back with you shortly. A pinched nerve does not have to be allowed to reduce your quality of life and our team of chiropractic professionals here in Lexington is ready to help.