Chiropractor for Neck Pain
Neck pain is a common thing that many people deal with on a daily basis. There are many different causes that can lead to neck pain and it is often not a matter of serious concern. Neck pain can be caused by something as simple as sleeping in an awkward position or turning your head too quickly to look at something that you saw out of the corner of your eye. Neck pain can also be the result of more serious issues such as a car accident injury. Regardless of the cause of neck pain, it is when it becomes a chronic problem that goes on for an extended time that it must be taken seriously. For many individuals, neck pain has become a problem that has reduced their overall quality of life. The good news is that chiropractic treatment can help to resolve neck pain issues and restore a full range of motion.
Table of Contents
Can Chiropractors Help With Neck Pain?
Every year, countless neck pain patients seek treatment from qualified chiropractic professionals as an effective non-surgical option to find relief. Chiropractic treatment has shown to be an effective way to treat neck pain and the symptoms that are related to it.
At Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we routinely see patients that come to us seeking treatment for their neck pain. When you come to see us here in Lexington, we will evaluate your spine as a whole. This is because other spinal issues might be contributing to your neck pain. We will also ask you questions about your lifestyle, dietary habits, and overall medical history so that we can put together a picture that helps us to diagnose the root causes of your neck pain. Our team will formulate a plan that is based on your treatment needs as an individual. The treatments that we provide for neck pain can include spinal manipulation methods as well as manual therapies. These treatment methods include:
- The Flexion-Distraction Technique – This spinal manipulation involves a pumping action that is applied to the intervertebral disc as opposed to using direct force.
- Instrument-Assisted Spinal Manipulation – This method involves the use of a hand-held instrument that allows our chiropractic professionals to apply force without having to thrust into the spine.
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy – This is a manual therapy that utilizes instruments to treat muscle tension.
- Therapeutic Massage – This can be beneficial for helping to relax tense muscles.
Our chiropractic professionals can also prescribe various therapeutic exercises that can help you to improve the range of motion that you have in your neck.
What Our Patients Say:
Is Massage or Chiropractor Better for Neck Pain?
As we have detailed, chiropractic treatment can be highly beneficial for helping you with your neck pain. Another type of treatment that can help with your neck pain is massage therapy. Many neck pain patients want to know which one of these options is better for neck pain. The reality is that the answer to this will depend on the individual circumstances of your neck pain, but it is often beneficial to receive chiropractic treatment and massage therapy in conjunction with one another as you seek to recover from your neck pain.
It is always important to discuss this matter with both your chiropractor and your massage therapist, but many individuals find that massage therapy can be beneficial after they have had a chiropractic adjustment. This is a decision that should be made by you, your chiropractor, and your massage therapist as a team.
When Should You See a Chiropractor for Neck Pain?
There are some common signs that indicate that you should seek treatment from our team here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center. We can provide treatments that will make a difference for you and help you to resume a higher quality of life. Some of the key signs that you should seek chiropractic treatment for your neck pain include:
- There is a sudden or sharp pain in your neck anytime that you move it in either direction or you move it up or down.
- You have recently suffered a car accident and started experiencing neck pain in the days that followed.
- You are concerned that your neck pain is the result of a serious incident or condition.
- You have ongoing neck pain that has not improved for many days.
- You regularly find yourself taking painkillers as a way to deal with the neck pain that you are suffering from.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, then it is time to seek chiropractic care from our team here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center. We can conduct a consultation where we investigate your neck pain and your medical history and then come up with a treatment plan based on your individual situation.
How Can You Tell If Your Neck Is Out of Alignment?
Neck pain is often the result of your neck being out of alignment. With this in mind, it is highly beneficial to know what the signs are that indicate that your neck has gotten out of alignment. These signs include:
- You regularly feel fatigued
- You suffer from chronic headaches
- You are frequently ill
- You experience numbness/tingling in your feet and hands
- You are suffering from chronic neck pain
If you are suffering from these symptoms then you should contact our chiropractic team. We can help you get to the root cause of your pain issues and come up with a treatment plan to address them.
Request Your Appointment
We look forward to serving you!
How Our Lexington Neck Pain Chiropractor Can Help You!
We are an experienced chiropractic team treating neck pain in Lexington, Kentucky, we can provide you with treatments that can help you to achieve your health goal of relief from the neck pain that you are currently suffering from. Give us a call today at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center or leave a message so we can get in touch. Our Lexington neck pain chiropractor can help you to enjoy an improved quality of life that is free of the neck pain that has been causing you so much concern.