Chiropractor for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Lexington, Kentucky
Professional chiropractic services are closely associated with the treatment of issues such as back pain but the reality is that there are many other conditions that can benefit from seeing a qualified chiropractor. One of the conditions that can benefit from chiropractic care is carpal tunnel syndrome. Our team here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center routinely helps patients that come to us suffering from this painful condition. We have put together some valuable information that will explain why professional chiropractic services can help in the treatment of your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Table of Contents
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is also known as median nerve compression. The condition is characterized by what can be described as tingling, weakness, and numbness in the patient’s hand. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by pressure that has been put on the median nerve. This nerve is responsible for the movement of all of your fingers except your pinky. It is also responsible for both the movement and the feeling in your thumb. This nerve runs the entire length of the arm. The name carpal tunnel comes from the passage in your wrist that the median nerve goes through
What Our Patients Say:
Is Chiropractic Good for Carpal Tunnel?
It is common for patients to ask the question of whether or not chiropractic treatment is good for carpal tunnel syndrome. The good news is that our chiropractic professionals here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center can help you with your carpal tunnel syndrome by addressing the underlying causes that have led to the condition.
Our chiropractic team can assess whether your symptoms are the result of upper spine problems that have led to the presence of your condition. If this is the case, we can provide treatment that focuses on relieving the pressure that is being placed on the nerves. If it is determined that your condition has resulted from pressure at your carpal tunnel, then our professional chiropractors can provide you with treatments that include gentle manipulations at the elbow or wrist.
Beyond these treatment methods that have been discussed, our chiropractic professionals at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center might also prescribe several other treatments that can help you to recover from carpal tunnel syndrome. These treatments may include:
- Massage Therapy – Massage therapy has shown to be a cost-efficient and effective way to treat the symptoms of carpal tunnel. The treatment has shown to be effective at reducing the pain, numbness, and inflammation that is commonly associated with carpal tunnel syndrome. This is accomplished by lengthening and relaxing the muscles of the shoulder, neck, forearm, hand, wrist, upper arm, and elbow.
- Exercises Designed to Help With Carpal Tunnel Symptoms – It is often common for chiropractic professionals to recommend specific exercises such as medial nerve glides, wrist flexion stretching, and wrist extension stretching as a treatment for the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Using Ice to Relieve Symptoms – The use of ice can also help to reduce the inflammation and pain of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Request Your Appointment
We look forward to serving you!
Common Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The cause of carpal tunnel syndrome will vary from individual to individual. Repetitive motion is one of the most common causes. It is common for individuals that do repetitive motions with their hands such as typing to develop issues with carpal tunnel. Repetitive motions that regularly place your wrists above your hands can put you at risk of developing this condition. Other carpal tunnel syndrome causes include obesity, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and hypothyroidism. Pregnancy is also considered to be a risk factor for developing carpal tunnel syndrome.
These Are a Few of the Leading Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Risk Factors
There are several risk factors that put you at an increased risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome. These risk factors include:
- You have a family history of carpal tunnel syndrome
- You have dislocated or fractured your wrist in the past
- You work in a job that involves repetitive motion of your hand, wrist, or arm
- Women are three times more likely to suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome than men
Contact Our Chiropractor for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Today
If you live in the Lexington area and suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, then it is time to contact our team here at Elevate Chiropractic and Wellness Center. Our experienced chiropractor can help with your carpal tunnel syndrome. Our team of chiropractic professionals is ready to make a difference for you in the treatment of your carpal tunnel syndrome. We take pride in being able to be a key part of your journey toward achieving your health goals.